OEM factory Specifications manual for the Cat 3406E engine with engine serial number starting with 5EK & 6TS.
Covers torque specs & engine dimensions & clearances.
Covers all torque & clearance specs needed to overhaul/repair this engine. Includes:
- Crankshaft & Main Bearings
- Pistons, Rings, Connecting Rods/Bearings
- Valves & Valve Train
- Cylinder Head & Block
- Oil Pump, Pan & Related Lubrication Parts
- Water Temperature Regulator
- Water Pump & Lines
- Piston Cooling Jets
- Alternator / Regulator
- Sensors (coolant, air inlet, oil & fuel temperature; oil, barometric & atmospheric pressure; APP)
- Fuel Transfer Pump
- Fuel Injectors
- Compression Brake (if equipped)
- BrakeSaver & Related Parts
- Front Housing & Gear Group
- Belt Tensioner
TruckManuals.com has been working with the Caterpillar print facility since 1999, ensuring the correct factory service information is available to fleets, municipalities, water districts, independent service facilities & more. We at TruckManuals.com have always felt strongly that it is critical that the industry mechanics be supplied with the correct torque specifications, dimensions & procedures, electronic diagnostic information be made available. The changes in the trucking industry over the decades have made it critical to “do the job once, do the job right”.
Procedures that may have been acceptable years ago would now likely cause rapid failures in a truck engine if they were used on present day engines & drivetrains.
The customer has two great advantages when dealing with TruckManuals.com
- Factory printed manuals
- 97% of all orders are shipped within 24 hours
Caterpillar 3406E Specifications Manual