Factory printed Caterpillar 3116 specification manual. If you are performing any repair or overhaul on the 3116 mechanically controlled engine, you need specifications in order to ensure you can perform the job correctly. This manual is printed by the Caterpillar print shop so you can be sure the information is correct.
Engine: Caterpillar 3116 (mechanically controlled engine)
Engine Serial Number Prefix: 7SF, 2BK, 9GK, CSM, 9LN, 9YN, 2FR, 7HS, 5JZ
Covers torque specifications, clearances & dimensions needed for the overhaul/repair of this engine. Partial list includes:
- Crankshaft & Main Bearings
- Pistons, Rings, Connecting Rods/Bearings
- Valves & Valve Train
- Cylinder Head & Block
- Oil Pump, Pan & Related Lubrication Parts
- Water Temperature Regulator
- Water Pump & Lines
- Piston Cooling Jets
- Alternator / Regulator
- Sensors (coolant, air inlet, oil & fuel temperature
- Fuel Transfer Pump
- Fuel Injectors
- Compression Brake (if equipped)
- BrakeSaver & Related Parts
- Front Housing & Gear Group
- Belt Tensioner
For additional info for this engine see:
- Cat 3116 (mechanically controlled engine) Disassembly & Assembly Manual
- Cat 3116 (mechanically controlled engine) Testing & Adjusting Manual.
TruckManuals.com has been working with the Caterpillar print facility since 1999, ensuring the correct factory service information is available to fleets, municipalities, water districts, independent service facilities & more. We at TruckManuals.com have always felt strongly that it is critical that the industry mechanics be supplied with the correct torque specifications, dimensions & procedures, electronic diagnostic information be made available. The changes in the trucking industry over the decades have made it critical to “do the job once, do the job right”.
Procedures that may have been acceptable years ago would now likely cause rapid failures in a truck engine if they were used on present day engines & drivetrains.
The customer has two great advantages when dealing with TruckManuals.com
- Factory printed manuals
- 97% of all orders are shipped within 24 hours