BENDIX® DLMU™ MONITORING UNIT
The Bendix® DLMU™ (Data Link Monitoring Unit) is a diagnostic tool providing the technician with a visual indication of various components that are active on these communication links:
- J1708 (6 pin)
- J1939 (9 pin)
- Engine Controller J1708 & J1939
- Transmission Controller J1708 & J1939
- Brake Controller J1708 & J1939
- IP Cluster J1708
- Cluster J1939
- Body Controller J1939
This compact diagnostic tool should be carried by all techicians at all times. This unit is compact in size, (approximately the size of a pre-1990 automotive flasher unit) but will quickly retrieve fault codes on all J1708* & J1939 modules. Allows technicians to save time in two ways:
1. Quickly retrieves fault codes. Technician may not need to connect laptop for some diagnostics. Saves time.
2. Technicians can test for control module communication to the the 6 pin* or 9 pin dash plug. A great way to ensure that any lack of communication is not the fault of your laptop or software. Helps save time.
* 6 pin requires the TM801872 adapter cable